In order to refer a family, they must meet the following criteria:
- The patient must be 21 years of age or younger
- The patient must be currently receiving active inpatient or outpatient medical treatment
- The family must live at least 25 miles from the House
There are two ways to refer families to the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House:
- Online room request
- Click here to complete the online room request form. Once the form is submitted, a staff member will call you to confirm that we received it.
- Written room request
- Click here to download the room request form.
- Fax the completed room request form to (626)585-1688. Once we receive the room request, we will call to confirm we received it.
Please Note: A room request does not guarantee a reservation, but we do our very best to accommodate everyone. Same day requests are welcome. The first referral must come from a social worker, care coordinator, nurse or doctor. However, since a large percentage of our families are repeat customers, after the first referral, they are able to self-refer. Once the family self-refers, we will confirm the information with the medical professional who first referred the family.
We will discuss the following with the family:
- We request a payment of a nominal nightly fee of $15.00. Some families pay a portion of the nightly fee. No eligible family is ever turned away if they are unable to pay.
- We request to see their insurance information
- We request to see the parent’s valid, non-expired photo identification
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Vicky Garcia, House Manager, at (626)204-0401 or via email at email@example.com.
We understand the importance of providing a supportive “home away from home” for our families during this difficult time in their lives. This is why we provide our families with more than just housing.
In addition to lodging we also provide:
- Two fully-stocked kitchens and pantries for preparing meals
- Use of our beautiful and large backyard for hosting family gatherings like BBQs or picnics to celebrate birthdays, releases from the hospital, etc.
- Meals of Love Program: volunteer groups prepare a home cooked meal for our families
- Opportunity to participate in special in-house activities, which are provided by volunteer groups
- Fun and healing pet visits through our Pet Therapy Program
- Child care resources through the CCIS Families in Crisis program and the Pasadena Boys and Girls Club
- Clothing gift certificates for the Pasadena Salvation Army
- Assistance in coordinating educational services for patients and siblings through the Pasadena Unified School District
- Occasional donated tickets to plays, amusement parks, sporting events and other activities for the whole family
- Holiday celebrations complete with food and festivities
- Assistance with referrals to other non-profit organizations
- Free use of our professional, automatic breast pump donated by Huntington Hospital
- Limited hospital transportation
Day services:Please call or email us with the family’s contact information. We understand that, at times, families do not wish to leave their child’s bedside for any length of time. For this reason, the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House offers day services which include:
- Use of our House for a few hours to cook, do laundry, take a shower, nap, use the computer, etc.
- Use of our kitchen to prepare a meal or snack. We also have a Meals of Love Program, in which volunteer groups prepare a home cooked meal for our families.
- Participation in special in-house activities coordinated by community groups and volunteers
- Participation in fun and healing pet visits through our Pet Therapy Program
The Pasadena Ronald McDonald House is only minutes away from your medical facility:
- Huntington Hospital – Across the street
- City of Hope – 15 minutes away
- Shriners Hospitals for Children-Los Angeles - 15 minutes away
- LAC+USC – 15 minutes away
- UCLA – 40 minutes away
- And many more...
We look forward to partnering with you to provide a supportive “home away from home” for our families.