HOW CAN I HELP?
Make a DonationA donation to the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House is tax-deductible and helps to keep our doors open for families every day of the year. Your donation directly helps families receiving medical treatment in this community. A corporate donation or personal gift may be made in honor or in memory of a special member or group or in special recognition of a major achievement or milestone. We also gratefully accept matching gifts from corporations.
Give a Gift from our Wish ListYour donation to the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House is a perfect way to give our families a meaningful gift they will always remember. There are many items we need, items we want and items our families request. Help us make our wishes come true. Please click here for more information.
Volunteer Your Time and TalentWith such a small staff, the House relies heavily on volunteers to keep things running smoothly. Volunteers are the backbone of what we do and who we are. Volunteers interact with families, assist with clerical tasks, organize special events, serve on committees, and do activities with kids or work on special projects at the House. For civic groups with several to several hundred employees, we offer “done in a day” work projects and other special arrangements. We also have a Firefly Guild which meets in the evening and a Butterfly Guild which meets during the day to assist in planning special events.
Some of the community groups include:
- Boy Scouts (including Eagle Scouts)
- Girl Scouts (including Silver and Gold award project recipients)
- Emblem Club
- La Canada Junior Women’s Club
- National Charity League
- Religious organizations
One way to support the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House is to sponsor or underwrite one or more of our events. Individuals, families, companies and foundations have all supported the House in this way. Feel free to join us at one or more of our fundraisers:
- Saturday, November 3, 2012 - SHINE Gala
- April 7, 2013 - Walk for Kids
- Spring 2012 - Hits For Hope
- Spring 2013 - Estate Sale
- Summer 2013 - Wine Tasting
House MealsOrganizations, churches and local businesses often sponsor a meal for families here at the House. The meals vary in type (BBQ's, catered, pancake breakfast, ethnic, etc.)
For more information on our Meals of Love Program please our Meals of Love page: click here for more information
Collect Pull Tabs and Pennies with PurposeAll of the soda, soup and pet food can pull tabs are donated to the House. Recycled change is also collected and the money from both programs supports the House. Canisters and flyers for both programs are available at the House.
ToursWe would love to show you around the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House! We ask that groups and individuals schedule tours in advance. They may be scheduled 7 days a week from 10am to 6pm. To schedule a tour, please call Elizabeth Dever, Director at (626) 204-0400 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Many groups take a tour as a first step to see how they can get more involved.
Additional ways get involved with the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House:
- Schedule a House tour
- Invite a staff member to speak at your community group or company
- Sponsor families during the holidays
- Donate fresh fruits and vegetables from your garden
- Make a financial contribution
- Sponsor one of our events (Walk for Kids, Hits for Hope, SHINE Gala or Wine Tasting)
- Donate auction items and/or services to one of our events
- Offer your specialized services including: tree trimming, plumbing, cleaning, organizing, storage, etc.
- Invite a staff member to have a booth at a community involvement fair
- Plan a special event like a movie, craft or game night, or a birthday party
- Form a Walk for Kids team
- Form a team for our Hits for Hope Softball Tournament
- Donate in kind items including paper products, cleaning supplies, stamps, food storage containers, copy paper, and much more – please refer to our Wish List
- Do a "done in a day" work project – cleaning, gardening, organizing, etc.
- Donate items for our annual Estate Sale
- Donate money to our "Friends of the House Annual Fundraising Campaign". Click here to download the brochure.
To get involved or for more informationCall us at (626)204-0401 or visit us on the web at www.pasadenarmh.org
763 S. Pasadena Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105